WELCOME

Key Peninsula Co-op: is a parent participation preschool that provides a quality, developmentally appropriate, learning experience for children ages three to five. Through collaboration among teachers, parents, Bates Technical College and the Peninsula School District, it makes available a stand alone classroom at the Vaughn site and an inclusive classroom at the Evergreen site. To find out more about this unique preschool, please give us a call To Register: 253.884.5535
www.keypeninsulapreschool.org



10.01.2011

Zucchini "rules"

My father-in-law was teasing me about the 6, (YES 6!) zucchini plants that I planted in the garden this year. Needless to say we have have zucchini out the wazoo!! Anyways he was laughing recalling a earlier time of his life living in Vernal, Utah when people began to start locking their doors at church! He revealed that this began due to zucchini harvest where folks were leaving their crop of zucchini in peoples vehicles! Well if you were at paper work in the park, you might have seen the zucchini labeled "help yourself!" That would have come from our crop this season which has taught me to NOT plant so many darn plants in the future. Since then, I was driving my child to preschool only to see this on our mail box, it seems, with the story from my father-in-law and this sight, I'm not the only one who is trying to rid of zucchini before it goes bad!
So if you too have an enormous amount of zucchini I urge you to #1 not ask me if I need any and #2 try making this fantastic recipe, (as I did!) that Teacher Mary shared with me!
Enjoy, Annie Massey

ZUCCHINI RELISH
10 cups zucchini
4 cups onion
5 tablespoon salt
2 green pepper
1 red pepper
Grind and mix together and let sit over night
Add 2 1/4 cup vinegar
6 cups sugar
1 tablespoon each of nutmeg, turmeric. celery seed, cornstarch and dry mustard
Bring to a full boil and boil for 30 minutes.
put in Jars and water bath for 5 minutes